Thursday, October 20, 2005

Here we go!

Well , nephew Tyler inspired me and I now join the blogosphere with my travels thru education. I am a new teacher , teaching computer and technology to special needs boys ages 7-18. After being in the computer industry for 30 years, the change has been something of a culture shock and I am struggling with how to bring the fruits of the last 20 years of technology growth to a cash strapped and struggling institution.

I have a number of on-going projects and hope to document good results here for technology teachers who might be in a similar situation. I am taking a good look at Edubuntu, a Linux distribution with a focus on third world eductational institutions. Though I am working right here in Massachusetts, the place where I work is 3rd world in all important respects, believe me.

Well by for now, and thanks Tyler...good luck in Australia.......